Doing Our Part
- Using washable linens on our treatment tables versus paper liners.
- Hand washing and drying with washable washcloths instead of paper towels.
- Eliminating chemicals in the water supply by working with environmentally safe cleaners and laundry detergents.
- Lowering energy and water consumption with a front end loading washer and dryer.
- Building with reclaimed materials. Our new service counter and other shelving were made from rehabilitated wood purchased at the ReStore.
- Reusable glassware and bottles at our water cooler instead of paper cups.
- Minimizing waste by using both sides of printer paper.
- Recycling of all paper, plastic and glass waste produced at our facilities.
- Acupuncture as a treatment modality has a minimum of medical waste, reducing both pharmaceutical use and traditional surgical and medical interventions.
If you or your employers are equally enthusiastic and want to be in touch with other like minded businesses, we suggest visiting Maine Businesses for Sustainability. They provide Maine businesses an opportunity to learn about sustainability, network with other businesses, and find innovative ways to grow. We hope you'll join us as we move Maine forward on the path towards sustainable economic development!